Friday, November 12, 2010


Thanks so much for all of the super-nice comments on yesterday's Advent Calendar.  I am pleased that you liked the calendar as much as I did.  But let's be honest - that is a tough project to follow!  I realized that anything I posted today would be a let down.  So, I decided to cop-out and continue with the Christmas theme and share a fun Christmas card!

While this card does not begin to compare to yesterday's project, I really like this card.  It is sweet (ha ha ha - I crack myself up) and simple and fun.    The card was created using Spellbinder's nestabilities (label eleven and circle and scalloped circle dies), JustRite Stampers' Merry Little Christmas stamp set, and a candy cane cut from Cricut's Christmas Cheer.  The other card elements - Bazzill cardstock, snowflake paper, and the ribbon - were from my "stash". 


The candy cane was cut on the Cricut expression using smooth white and red Swiss dot cardstock.  After being tied with bit of Merry Christmas ribbon the candy cane was attached to the pink label with pop dots. 


The JustRite Stamp images were stamped onto smooth white cardstock and then cut out with a circle nestabilities.  The scalloped circle was cut in the same Swiss dot cardstock.  The layers were adhered together and then affixed to the card using pop dots.  The card was finished with a strip of Merry Christmas ribbon and bow and white dots and doodles.  

I will be back tomorrow with a new project to share - probably not another Advent Calendar - sorry!  :-)

Popular Posts