Tuesday, November 2, 2010


Happy Tuesday! Today's Christmas themed project is another Christmas card, but the card has a bit of a twist - a recycled stamped image!

A few weeks ago my scrapping girlfriends took a four day trip to the Edisto Island.  Due to work and family conflicts I could not go along (sniff, sniff).  According to all reports the girlies had a fabulous time and even manged to squeeze in a a few Christmas cards.  Now this is where the story gets a bit blurry... Apparently they tried to make some pop up cards with the word JOY popping up inside.  Honestly I am not sure what happened (though I suspect I might have a few clues) and the girlies became silly... REALLY silly....  Somehow in the silliness they decided to send me a backwards card to show me how missed I was!!!  I received a red cardstock card with five layers of green, white and red matting.  The stamped image above was affixed atop the five matting layers!


I thought my friend Beth did a wonderful job stamping this image so I removed it from the backward card (the sillies ever signed their names backwards) and decided to recycle the stamped section only.  Using my long rectangular nestabilities, I cut out the Merry Christmas phrase.  I used the matching scalloped long rectangular nestability and cut a red cardstock matting.  Using the Just Because Cards cartridge I cut a base card in Bazzill red Swiss dot cardstock.  A front layer was added to the card using last year's Little Yellow Bicycle Christmas paper. 


The stamped and matted Merry Christmas phrase was affixed to the front of the card, over the ornament print.  I added  two more ornaments to the background paper using clear stickers which coordinate with the LYB paper set.  A felt ornament was added over top of a large printed ornament.  Using a candy cane edged red ribbon, a ribbon and bow were added to the front of the card along with thin gold rope as an accent.


A final embellishment - the cream snow flake - was added to the front of the card, over the largest ornament and the edge of the Merry Christmas message.

I know that it may seem a bit odd to recycle the front of a card, but I really like the stamped image AND I wanted to surprise the silly girls with this card!!!

Thanks of stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another project for my Christmas themed week!



Popular Posts