Wednesday, November 3, 2010


I don't know about all of you, but I am SOOOO glad that all of the political ads will no longer be on the broadcast media today.   I can turn on the stereo in my minivan or the TV in my scraproom and not want to pierce my eardrums.  And with the end of the campaign season comes a focus on the coming holidays.  Speaking of broadcast media - we do all realize that some crazy radio station is going to start playing Christmas carols any day now??  Give me Christmas carols over campaign ads any day.  Hey - maybe there should be a new rule that all political ads must be sung carol style??  :-)


So on to today's Christmas card!  This card began with the center green and gold circle and it's attached gold leaves.  This piece was purchased as an open circle with the gold accent center, two gold stems of leaves, and two flowers.  I just spent the last hour trying to find the link to exactly where I purchased topper piece, but alas I cannot find it.  As soon as I spotted this embellishment I knew I was going to use it to make a Christmas card.  I added a gold peel off around the green portion of the topper and an additional flower and gem center.  I also spread out the leaves a bit and began the process of selecting paper. 



As I said above, the center of the circle was open so I began by selected paper that looked nice as a background in the middle of the circle.  I cut a 3 inch circle of this pretty red/burgundy/pink color and attached it to the back of the green circle.  I then added peel offs to the center of the circle, a single drum (from the drummer boy) and the Merry Christmas phrase.

I found this pretty antique looking paper in my stash.  I cut a large square of the red/burgundy/pink paper and affixed a small square of the antique-look paper on top.  I trimmed the edges with gold peel offs.  I then attached the circular embellie to the front of the card.

The inside of the card is white with a single Christmas red poinsettia embellishment.  This card will probably go to one of my neighbors as it is both heavy and textured (and the USPS does hate those lumpy cards!).  


I will be back tomorrow with yet another Christmas project to share.

Popular Posts