Wednesday, November 24, 2010


Welcome to day two of the Kickin' Off Christmas Blog Hop!  I heard through the grape vine that not everyone in the hop may not make a second project for today, but I thought you might want to see something new!  Again today my project was made using my Cricut Expression, Amy Chomas pen holder, and SP & Company Christmas Tree Stamps.  


This card was designed in Cricut Design Studio.  I began by welding a rectangle from the George cartridge to a solid snowflake (see below) from the 2009 When It's Cold Outside seasonal cartridge to create my base card.  I cut the base card in a blue diamond Bazzill cardstock.

Next I cut the top layer of the snowflake in two different cardstocks.  Using pop dots I added the middle layout to the base card.  Before adding the top snowflake layer I stamped the whole snowflake with embossing ink and sprinkled it with holographic embossing powder.  After heat embossing the top snowflake I added pop dots and attached it to the base card.

Next I cut to additional snowflakes from When It's Cold Outside in light blue cardstock and attached them to the base card in opposite corners.  See below.



To finish the card, I used navy craft ink and stamped my SP and Company Christmas Tree stamps onto smooth white cardstock.  I then added holographic embossing powder and heat embossed the trees.  The trees were then glued to the top large snowflake.

I finished the card with the Amy Chomas writing tool and the Christmas solutions cartridge.  Replacing the cutting blade housing in my Cricut with the Chomas pen tool, I used the Happy Christmas phrase.  Once the blade housing was returned to the Cricut I cut the phrase out by cutting out around the writing using the Happy Christmas phrase shadow cut.  The phrase was then glued to the top middle section of the card.


Before you hop on be sure to leave a comment below.  Everyone who leaves a comment will be eligible for a Custom Crops gift voucher drawing.  Remember that Samantha is also giving away a stamp set.  I will be giving away a copy of my DVD set, It's a Kid's Life - which features 18 layouts, video and pdf instructions along with cut files.  I will choose someone from all of the Tuesday and Wednesday comments.

After leaving your comment below, the next stop on the blog hop is the Cards by Linda blog.  Enjoy your hop!!!

I will be back tomorrow with a more photos and details on how I made the North Pole house that won Week Two of Michaels Crafting Holiday Magic Contest.


Susan Edwards You are Here!!

Popular Posts