Saturday, November 6, 2010


I was a bit of a slacker yesterday and did not post a new Christmas card or project.   I thought more people might see Samantha's wonderful stamps if the post remained at the top of my blog for two days.  However, it is time to move on to another fun Christmas card.  This card features fun paper with Christmas candy!


I am going to confess that this card began as a pile of leftovers on my desk.  I had leftover maroon cardstock, sheer pink ribbon, and the white nestie label all leftover from previous projects.  I decided to free the leftovers from a life on "the Island of Misfit scrap goods" (think Rudolph and the misfit toys) and combined them to create this cute card.  


I created a card from a half sheet of leftover pink cardstock and affixed the fun Santa & candy paper to the base card.  The ribbon, tag layers and corner gemstones were added.  Finally I added a cut candy cane to the front of the label and blinged it out with pink gems.


The inside of the card should satisfy anyone's sweet tooth; it is filled with candy and stamped with two Stampin' Up sentiment stamps.


I will be back tomorrow with a quick post showing you some of the Christmas cards I plan to send out the year.

 In the meantime, I will be spending the day with my son has he turns 25!  Happy 25th birthday Aaron!!

Popular Posts