Saturday, November 13, 2010


Yeah, it's the weekend!!  I love the weekend - there should be fewer weekdays and more week end days!  Can any of you arrange that?

Last week I posted my first two cards made with Samantha's, SP and Company, Christmas Tree stamp set.  I mentioned that I had stamped the trees on pink textured cardstock and embossed the print.  This is the card I made with those embossed trees.


I used embossing ink and burgundy embossing powder to create these four trees.  Each stamp was loaded with embossing ink, then stamped onto the pink cardstock.  Burgundy embossing powder (from PK Glitz - formerly the Powder Keg) was applied over the ink and heated with a heat embossing gun.   The effect created with the hand mixed embossing powders is a medium thick embossing with touches of sparkle mixed in the color. 

Using micro tipped scissors I cut out each tree and saved them along with a 6 x 6 square of the pink cardstock.  Last weekend I pulled out the set aside elements and created this card.

Using the Spellbinder's Wizard and Nestie Label #1, the label shape was cut out of the middle of the pink cardstock, creating a label shaped void - and a perfect spot to layer and pop the trees!  The pink cardstock was then trimmed to fit on the front of the burgundy card.

Using assorted sized half pearl embellishments and holographic peel offs, the trees were decorated prior to being layered and attached to the card front.  A Season's Greeting peel off sentiment was added to the front of the card along with half pearls in the corners of the pink cardstock.  Finally holographic peel offs were added to frame the front of the card. 


I have enjoyed using the SP and Company stamps and will be making at least one more Christmas card using this set in the next couple of weeks.  I will be back tomorrow and start another week of Thanksgiving themed projects.

Popular Posts