Monday, November 8, 2010


It's Monday and you know what that means.... It is time for the weekly Bitten by the Bug 2 challenge!  This week my sweet, sweet design team sister, Carole, chose the DOG cut from Cricut's Create a Critter cartridge.  This dog is sooo cute with his fire hat and hydrant side-kick!

I used Basic Gray's Max & Whiskers cardstock to cut the card layers.  Using design studio the fire hat shield made a perfect card shape.  Two shields were welded together to create the base card.  Two additional layers of shields were cut for the cart front.


The dog for my card was cut using Bazzill cardstock and Stampin' Up cardstock.  His face was stamped with Peachy Keen critter face stamps and black and red markers.  Bazzill red carstock was used to cut the fire hat and the dog collar.


Using Microsoft PowerPoint, I created a tag for the card - My Best Friend.  A red heart clip art was added to the center of the phrase.  Circle and scalloped circle punches were used to punch out the tag layers.


We all know that every fireman AND every dog need a fire hydrant!  This cute red hydrant is also from the Create a Critter cartridge and goes perfectly with my fire pup.

I found aqua ribbon from Stampin' Up which coordinates perfectly with the Basic Gray cardstock and added the ribbon with a bow to the front of the card. 


Pop dots were used to attach the dog to the front of the card while the hydrant and tag utilized glue.  The inside of the card has a white shield ready for a sentiment to be added.  This card would be perfect for a cute one year old's birthday - too bad my nephew is 2.5!!


I have an entire week of project planned to share with you so be sure to check back early tomorrow!!

Popular Posts