Monday, November 1, 2010


Hello everyone - it is a Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday with our weekly challenge kicking off my week of Christmas themed projects.  As most of you know, there is a "challenge" cut each week at BBTB2 which the Design Team must use in our projects.  This week's challenge cut is Flourish 3 from the Cindy Loo cartridge.  I have incorporated the flourish into my Rejoice Christmas card.


My base card was cut using one of two card options on the Cricut Circle cartridge, French Manor.  Each cut on French Manor has two card features - I chose the full image cut out card and selected this wonderful French Horn.  I created a French Horn base layer and using Cricut Design Studio - utilizing the "Hide Select Contour" option, I removed the inside cuts on the base layer horn.  I attached the base layer behind the green card front.  I also cut a top layer of French Horn, this time with the cut outs included and using pop dots, attached the horn over the green layer.  Between the gold and green layers of the horn you can see this week's challenge cut, Cindy Loo's Flourish 3, coming out of the horn in triple layers.  The flourish represents the music of the French Horn.


While at CHA last summer I purchased quite a few sheets of "peel offs".   I confess that I purchased peel offs in several colors and brought home peels for myself and my scrapping girl friends!!  I framed the front of the card using gold peel offs, both around the outside edges and around the plain green rectangle at the top of the card.  I added the gold peel off title, Rejoice, to the upper right front across from the flourish on the upper left..  Peel offs were also added around the mouth piece of the horn and the bell end of the horn. 


I added a scrap of lovely SEI Christmas paper behind the horn in the cut out area of the card.  I played with several color and a prints until I settled on this light blue and white print. 

The inside of the card has a white cardstock lining with a thin rim of green showing around the edges.  I finished the inside of the card with a strip of gold peel off under the signature area.


The front of the card was finished by trying a pretty silk ribbon around the horn.  I also used my Martha Stewart branch punch and added evergreen branches on either side of the bow knot, growing up the edges of the French Horn.

I really like this card and plan to duplicate it for a couple of friends to use.  I will be back tomorrow with the second of my Christmas week projects.

Popular Posts