Tuesday, January 18, 2011


Have you heard the expression "cold hands - warm heart"?  That is what I thought of while making this adorable card.  With these adorable mittens the warm heart can also have warm hands!  This card is one of several cards that I created while on my scrappy girlfriend boondoggle to Lake Murray!


This card was created with Spellbinders Nested Mittens dies and Gina K Winter Mittens stamp set as well as the Snowflake Pendent die set and Snowflake 1 die set.  In addition to the smooth white cardstock, I also used printed and solid cardstock from my scraps.  I love using up scraps. 

I tried a self adhesive silver metallic paper/cardstock to cut the embellie snowflakes.  I had mixed results with the self adhesive aspect.  In the end I had to add Tomboy glue to a few spots to ensure that the snowflakes stayed on the card.  I will add that the metallic paper cut marvelously with my Spellbinder dies and my Grand Calibur.


I used Stampin' Up ink to stamp my mittens.  I also used Stampin' Up ribbon to create the exquisite bow.   I used a one-eighth inch hole punch on each of the mittens and suspended them on one-eighth inch white ribbon (and pop dots, of course). 


I hope this card makes you feel all warm inside when you see it.  I truly enjoyed using my Gina K stamps.  I have purchased three sets of Gina K stamps which are compatible with my Spellbinders Nestabilities and I am excited to share them with you over the next few weeks.

Popular Posts