Monday, January 10, 2011


Today I am sharing the card I made for a wedding I had planned to attend last Saturday.  The youngest child of my cousins Danny & Martha, Holly, married her beau, Andrew.  I have always loved Holly's name and it was fitting that the few photos I have seen from her wedding included springs of Holly.

Because Holly's wedding was set in the midst of winter I chose to use Spellbinders Snowflake Pendant and Label 16 to create a frosty winter wedding card.  Besides, I can use the practice playing with my Spellbinders.  I just hate that this nasty tummy thing made me miss Holly's wedding.


I used Spellbinders snowflake impressibility and embossed the front of a white card.  I then used the largest of my label 16 dies and cut out the shape from the front of the card. I then used the second larges label 16 die and cut a piece of silver cardstock, followed by using the next smallest die to cut out a red metallic piece of cardstock.  I adhered the layers together and added the center red snowflake and a silver snowflake charm to the card.  I backed the inside left side of the card with a piece of plain white cardstock in an effort to cover the layers.


I stamped the word Congratulations using a generic wedding stamp set and hand trimmed the phase to fit the spellbinder tag cut.

I used a combination of smooth red and silver metallic papers to cut out the snowflake pieces.  I layered the snowflakes together and attached them to the front of the card.

I finished the card with small snowflake stamps added to the inside of the card and as an accent on the envelop. 


I had several comments on my scraproom disaster area after yesterday's post.  I want to assure you all that I spent quite a while late yesterday afternoon cleaning and organizing my room.  It is almost back to normal.  Now if I could just get the rest of the house in shape.  I had a bad and lingering stomach virus last week so Christmas lingers in every room of my house.  That too is part of my Tuesday plan.

We have had quite a bit of winter this year in South Carolina.  Sunday night/Monday brought the latest round of winter to our area.  We received snow followed by ice.  It was quite pretty, but quite debilitating to the community.  Our area of the state comes to a complete grinding halt when we get bad weather.  But since I know not to venture out (the natives do not know how to drive in this) tomorrow looks like a good day to continue working in my scraproom.

Popular Posts