Tuesday, January 4, 2011


Yesterday I headed off to my scrap room with every intention of making my mom a birthday card.  However, I spotted my book of nesties sitting out from a previous project and decided to play instead.  I had a template that I picked up last February (!) at the annual Columbia stamp show, that I had never used.  I decided to use the template with my heart shaped nesties to create a Valentine box.


I took a sheet of 18 x18 inch cardstock, trimmed it down to 18 x 12 inches and laid the template over top.  Using small clips to secure the layers I then cut out the template and the box.  With the template still clipped to the cardstock, I used my Scor-Pal to score all of the fold lines on the template (see below).


Next I used my heart shaped Nestabilites and my grand Caliber and cut out the front heart shape on the box.  I used white sparkle cardstock and cut out the frame for the front heart. 


I found the pink box just a bit to plain so I covered it with Valentine paper, again cutting the heart out of the front.  The box was finished by adding ribbon at the top edge, removing the handles as I did not like them, and affixing the white scalloped heart frame around the acetate window.

I created an embellishment using the leftover white heart cut out with two smaller hearts and a Prima flower rose.  The pink heart was stamped with a "Hugs and Kisses" stamp and trimmed in glass bead trim.

Popular Posts