Monday, January 17, 2011

Good morning Magnolia lovers! It's time for another Magnolia-licious DT blog hop, and I'm the first stop on the list! Now I think our hops are always pretty special, but this month, it is especially so! Why, you ask? Well....our super talented DT sister Angie had a fabulous idea last year. She suggested we join forces and create a 2011 calendar for our amazing leader Diana.  It was such a fun project, and today is the day we're revealing the complete calendar!!  Now keep in mind.... there are only two people that have seen the entire project put together, and that's Angie that assembled it, and Diana who received it. So the DT members are all excited for this reveal too! As you hop along, each DT member will show you the page(s) that they created for Diana's calendar. When you're all done, you can visit the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog to see the pages posted all together.


I have two different pages to show you today as I created pages for both January and September. For January, I simply HAD to use #3071 Snowy Hug from the Merry Christmas 2010 collection. I don't see it in stock right now, but if you're interested, I'm sure Diana can give you an idea when she'll have it back in the store. The adorable image is colored with Copic markers (click on the pic to see it up close and personal - but be sure and ignore my mistakes) The papers are from Nitwit Collections and the snowflakes are made using Martha Stewart punches. I used Diamond Stickles on them and added a Kaiser flat backed pearl in the center. All the panels are machine stitched, and of course I had to add a silk bow to it. :0)


Next up is September. Of course I immediately thought of apples, so I grabbed for #3053 Apple Tilda from the Autumn 2010 collection and Peachy Tilda from A Little Yummy For Your Tummy collection. I just changed her peaches into apples by coloring them red.  I created the background with #428 tree with carved heart and just added some grass along the bottom. The papers are from Nitwit Collections and I added a lacy border from a Martha Stewart punch and a silk ribbon to finish it off.


Now it's time to hop on over to the amazingly talented Janiel to see her gorgeous creations! And if you get lost along the way, you can hop over to Magnolia-licious Highlites to get back on track.  But before you go, it's been a long time since I've given away any kind of blog candy. So if you leave a comment on this post before 11:59 pm Pacific time on Saturday Jan 22nd, I will send you out a package containing some Magnolia stamps. Thanks so much for stopping by today, and hope you have fun on the hop! Hugs!

Popular Posts