Friday, January 21, 2011


 I must open with an apology - I intended to write this post and publish it at 6:00 am this morning, but .... Last night I fell asleep reading and did not finish everything I had planned to do.  My husband has this bad habit of falling asleep on the sofa.  The way this plays out is about three nights a week he falls asleep on the sofa and I wake him to send him to bed.  He ignores me the first time or two that I wake him.  Occasionally he begins snoring while on the sofa, which is quite irritating.  Usually I just wake him and eventually he will go to bed.

Last night I was reading on the love seat and he fell asleep and began the snoring routine.  I suggested he go to bed and he promptly ignored me.  As his volume increased I decided to find a new reading location and I took my kindle to bed.  At some point I feel asleep and left him on the sofa.  He woke me at 3:00 am as he turned off the lights and came to bed.   So... he was on the sofa far longer than usual and I got nothing done on my blog!!  I am not sure exactly which of us learned a lesson there....

So on to the card.  This is one of the fun Spellbinders cut cards that I created last weekend at the lake.  I used left over paper (that I love) by Three Bugs in a Rug.


 I began by creating this fun focal point of the card - I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 16, a GinaK stamp from the lovely labels 2 set, and circle nesties.  I stamped the music frame on smooth white cardstock and cut it out with label 16, using a circle nestie to cut out the center.  I then cut a larger version of label 16 in black cardstock and cut the center out with a smaller circle nestie.  I adhered the two layers together and placed the pink house image in the circular opening.  I adhered the house label to the card using pop dots.


 Next, using Lacey Circle nesties and round nesties I created the tag.  I layered three round circles on top of the lacey circle - stamping the top layer with black ink.

I found pink ribbon in my stash that perfectly coordinated with the background paper and added a the ribbon runner with bow as a finishing touch.

Now all I need is a house warming party to attend or a new neighbor down the street!!

Popular Posts