Tuesday, January 25, 2011


Hello, today I am sharing a Victorian Fan card that I created using Spellbinders dies.  This card began as an experiment to see if I could cut a folded card with a single die.  Well of course I could.  And then it grew from there!


The fan feature was created using strips of cardstock glued together, then scored and folded.  I created two sections of fan - the larger upper section and the tiny lower section.  I would highly recommend a scoring board and tool for creating the fans.  I prescored the lines and then folded.


For the center front of the card I cut the same die shape, only smaller, and centered a sweet thank you verse in the middle of a classic circular nestie.

The card was finished with a bit of old fashioned lace tied in a double bow.  To me this card just screams Victorian, especially with the slight Asian look, which I attribute to the fan and the touch of red in the label.

I will be back tomorrow with another new project to share - and as soon as my new power cord comes for my lap top, I will share the 50 cupcake wrappers I created for my sister-in-law.

Popular Posts