Sunday, August 1, 2010


Hi everyone! Hope you've enjoyed your weekend and that you're ready to start another week! Can you believe it's August 1st already?? I sure can't! Today is mine and hubby's 15th wedding anniversary! Seems like we just got married yesterday! I am truly a lucky lady to have found the love of my life that supports me in all my ventures. The one thing I've definitely noticed is that the older I get, the quicker the years go by. Anyone else notice that? Anyway, with it being the 1st of the month, it's time for a new challenge from the Magnolia-licious design team. This month's challenge is courtesy of the lovely and talented Mindy Baxter. Now I'm going to warn you, when Mindy gives a challenge, she REALLY gives a challenge! LOL! Her challenge is to make a T-slide card. You can find the directions HERE, and I strongly suggest you both read the pictorial, and also watch the video. Keep pausing the video as you go along to help you. And I would also strongly suggest doing a prototype before actually trying to cut your good paper so you can know what you're doing by the time you cut the pretty stuff.


For my card, I chose to use #3028 Tilda with 3 flowers, and she's available right now at Magnolia-licious! I also used #526 Bridge Deck which is also available. I just cut it out so I wouldn't have the water ripples around the base of it. That way, it just looks like a fence.  They're colored with Copic Sketch markers and Tilda is popped up with dimensional tape. Papers are Bazzil  Basics and Graphic 45.


This is the front of the card. When you pull the slider, the image pops up to reveal a sentiment under it. I used a clear stamp with a circle Nestability cut. I had to make my slider slit longer to fit the circle through it. It's not centered from left to right, but "oh well". Sometimes, things just don't turn out perfectly, do they! But after all that work, there was no way I was tearing it apart to start over! LOL! I still think it's cute, and fun too. Anyway, I hope you join us in the challenge at the Magnolia-licious Highlights blog! Wait until you see the GORGEOUS creations the rest of the design team have created! OMG! They are all so talented! I truly love them all! So be sure and check them all out and leave them some love!


Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! Hugs!

Popular Posts