Sunday, August 1, 2010


There were many, many make & takes at CHA's Super Show and though I may be slightly partial, I thought the CUSTOM CROPS make and take was one of the most unique.  This cute little card utilizes Cricut cuts, border punches, pop-up features, stamps (which I did not have when assembling), pop dots, and double layer base card.  Wow.

The little bird and flower cuts were cut with the Cricut using the Create A Critter cartridge.  At the make and take area we used Martha Stewart border punches (I used a stampin' up punch).  Also in the make and take area were assorted adorable "You're so Tweet" phrase stamps. 


I made this card after I arrived home.  I believe the kit was mixed in with items in my apron pocket that I just threw into my rolling bag as I was leaving.  I realized once I looked at the make and take kit that this was the kit I was using for replacement parts for crafters who had an"oops".  That is why my bird was missing her wing and my inside middle flower was missing the tulip.  I raided may scraps and tried to hand cut replacements.  I did better with the flower than the wing, lol. The lower right front of the card should have the phrase stamped.


I decided that whoever originally designed the pop up mechanism was a simple genius.  The mechanism is so simple but works so well. I did copy the pieces before I assembling the card.  I also took the liberty of adding a bit of ribbon.

As a final note, several customers asked for the full card instructions to be added to the Custom Crops web site.  Check there later this week and you may find the card instructions.

Popular Posts