Monday, October 18, 2010

 
Happy Monday!  Today I am sharing my latest Bitten by the Bug 2 project, a Happy 3rd Birthday gift bag and tag set.  The challenge cut this week at BBTB2 is the barn from the Old West cartridge.  As I do not own Old West I used George & Basic Shapes to build the barn in Cricut Design Studio.  I do this occasionally when I do not have the correct cartridge.


The barn was built using a square, a triangle, and several rectangular shapes from George all welded together in Design Studio. The barn doors were build with a square and welded rectangular strips.  Bazzill teal cardstock was used to cut the roof and door trim. A rusty brown Bazzill cardstock was used for the barn doors and decorative strip.  The barn was cut on a piece of Imagine printed cardstock.  I placed white cardstock in the Imagine and from the basic shapes I selected a large square.  I edited the shape to fill-in with this great orange print from the Imagine More cartridge.  I then cut the barn bottom layer from the orange print.


Using the Cricut Imagine More cartridge I cut this adorable cow in two layers, body and head.  I printed her and added her to the edge of the barn using pop dots.


I printed and cut the phrase Moo-mories from the Imagine More cartridge twice.  I trimmed away the "-mories" sections and only kept the word Moo.  I attached the words to the upper section of the barn.


Again using the Imagine More cartridge, I cut three pieces for the tag above.  I selected the colors/patterns and then cut the three shapes.  I used the Cricut Expression to cut the "Happy 3rd Birthday" and name phrase from George.  The letters were first welded in Design Studio. I used liquid glue dots to affix the letters to the tag.

I made a quick trip to Target and purchased a gift bag in shade of blues to blend with my barn, tag and cow colors.  I affixed the the barn and cow layer to the side of the bag and used two of the ribbon streamers to tie the tag to the bag.


I will be back tomorrow with a quick Halloween project to share.  Have a good Monday!

Popular Posts