Thursday, October 14, 2010



Some of you may recall that last April my husband & I and "My Friend Kathy" (MFK) & her husband took a trip to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon.  I have been slowly, VERY slowly, scrapping the photos from the trip, trying to make each page unique. Currently I am not quite halfway through the Vegas photos.

One of the aspects of the trip that I have not previously mentioned is that I booked the trip through Travelocity.  I had never used any of the on-line travel services to plan a vacation prior to this trip, though I have used the corporate travel services at work which are very similar to Travelocity.  Overall our experience was fabulous and we were quite happy with the Gnome (as we referred to Travelocity)!  The only glitch (and it was a very unhappy glitch) was the rental car ordeal, at which point we may have referred to him as the "butt-head Gnome".  The Gnome references became such a part of the trip that I decided to add Gnomes to the layouts.  I looked up the Travelocity Gnome and cut the clothing on my Gnomes to match.


Using Cricut's Freshly Picked cartridge, I cut and assembled a bunch of Gnomes (a bunch being a number greater than 12 but less than a plethora, which would have been at least two dozen).  The Gnomes were cut at 3 inches so they will be easy to use as accents on the scrap pages.  If you look at the three Gnomes in the above photograph you can see that I added black pen eyes to their faces.  I also made the eyes appear to look in different directions on different Gnomes.  The idea was to let them appear to be looking at subjects on the scrapbook pages. Some of the Gnomes will be placed in a corner of the page, while others will be peeking out from behind an element on the page, "looking" at the reader. 


I have only just begun to place the Gnomes on the pages, but I wanted to share a couple of pages with you.  This little Gnome above really wanted to go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower with us but he had to make do with watching from afar.  The Gnome below was a Beatles fan and probably enjoyed the Fab Four show as much as we did.


I may take Friday off from blogging (unless I get busy tomorrow evening) but I will be back on Saturday with my monthly Everyday Cricut post.

Popular Posts