Saturday, October 9, 2010


What a fun evening!  MFK (my friend Kathy), Suzanne, Beth and I got together to open the Imagine box.  It was so difficult to ignore that big box in my entry way all afternoon!  But I knew they would be disappointed if I started without them so I waited. 


Most of the scrapping girlfriends had busy evenings, but three of them managed to make time to see the Imagine.  Peggy was busy with the Greek Festival and Pat was off to the Tenn vs GA football game and Toby had a date with her hubby.  Poor Beth came over after teaching all day and then working the homecoming carnival.  What a woman!


We started by unpacking the Imagine, and then the software needs an update.  We followed the instructions for set up and inserted the printer cartridges during the wait time.


 Finally we got down to business.  I loaded the Imagine's JT cartridge and selected the guitar cut.  I made several other selections and then we tried our first print and cuts.


 I glanced up to find MFK fixated on the Imagine and just had to get a quick photo of her intrigue.


 Of course she got even in spades!  There were a lot of less than flattering photos of me playing with the Imagine.  In the photo above Suzanne is reading the manual and I am reading the LCD screen.


Loading the second sheet of cardstock to start the word cuts.


Showing off our first cuts, two guitars and a tag (I chose the tag paper from the JT patterns).   And what did we do with those elements? 


 My first Imagine card!!  I layered the cuts using pop dots.  I scored the printed tag and after trimming, wrapped it around my base card.  I added gold trim, a touch of ribbon and gems using the I-Rock tool.


 Above and below are close ups of the cut elements.  The photo above shows how I used a micro tipped pen and added a black outline to the guitar.  I also used my white pen to add doodles to the card.


I am so looking forward to playing with the Imagine today... I may even read the manual myself first!!  :-)

Popular Posts