Friday, April 2, 2010

It's the beginning of the month, and that means that it's time for a new Design Team challenge! This month, we've got an awesome sketch provided by the lovely and talented Claudia Rosa! I used four, yes I said four, stamps from Diana at Magnolia-licious to create this card. And there's tons of dimension which you know I love. The stamps I used are #3047 Tilda with newly hatched chicken (she's not in stock right now), #521 Butterfly background, That cute little fence with the hearts in it (not in stock right now), and then I stamped just the sidewalk portion of #633 Houses on street and cut out what I wanted of it for Tilda to stand on. If your interested in either of the stamps that aren't in stock, just email Diana and ask her about them.

All the stamps are colored with Copic markers. The fence and sidewalk are popped up from the background stamp, and Tilda is popped out even further from the fence. I just love making fun cards!! I have to tell you though, I am so in love with all of these Easter stamps!! But since Easter is already here, I wanted to try and use them for something else. So since the chick is hatching, I figured a birthday card might be good, and the on the inside, it says "Happy Birthday! You're still a Spring chick!" Whatcha think? Is it too corny????
The Happy Birthday sentiment stamp is from The Cutting Cafe' from a set called All Occasion Circle Word Set 1. I just printed it out at the size I wanted, and cut it out with my Nestabilities. The butterflies were cut using my Gypsy and Cricut Expression using the Tear Drop cartridge. I just added some Kaiser pearls to them. I also added a silk ribbon bow made using my Bow Easy.
That's it for today! Please be sure and visit Magnolia-licious Highlights to see the rest of the Design Teams creations using Claudia's sketch! We'd love it if you would join in and play along with us! Thanks so much for visiting me today and hope to see you back again soon! Hugs!

Popular Posts