Wednesday, April 7, 2010


I love the new Just Because Cards - in the words of an earlier era, it's just Peachy!!  There are so many cute cards, phrases, and image cuts.  If you have not already purchased this cartridge, I promise that when you do it will become one of your favorites.


I cut the peach and tag with shadow layers from Just Because cards by first designing the card in CDS.  I added the card and the matting layers to the virutal mat so that I could see aheard of time what my finished card would look like.  I usually make my first page in a cut file a Preview page.  I do this because my memory is not what it used to be (and never was what it should have been) and the preview page will remind me at a later date of what I intended with the cut file.


I used copic markers and my gel pen on the peach and tag as well as on the paper flowers.  But the fun part of this card was the ribbon.  I used wide organza ribbon which I twisted and zig zagged into place.  I then straight stitched around the top matting layer and hand sewed the buttons over the flowers. 


I especially like the printed paper on mat three.  Such a delicate, pretty print.  It was just the touch the card need to make the middle front "pop". 

Popular Posts