Thursday, October 15, 2009

Today is my sister's birthday, so my post today is to honor her. I can remember when we were growing up, I wanted to be exactly like her. I wanted to go everywhere she went, do everything she did, and I have absolutely no doubt that I probably drove her crazy. LOL! And even though I drove her crazy, she was -and always has been - there for me when I needed her. She has become the matriarch of our family - a role she slid right into after our Mom passed away. And I still look up to her and strive to be like her. So when I saw this image by Mo from Digital Image Too titled "Sisters", I knew I had to have it for her Birthday card. It encompasses that amazing feeling of what it's like to have a big sister that always takes care of you and is there for you when you need her. Whether it be to tie your shoes, or give a hug. So today is the day to celebrate her. Thank you, Peggy, for everything you've always done for me. I'm so proud to be able to say you're my sis!

I knew I should have done this post after I finished the card, cause I honestly can't remember who the paper is by. I do know the cardstock is Bazzil and the image is colored with Copic markers which are pictured below. That awesome raffia lace I used was a gift from my wondeful friend, Jacque, and I love it. If you're interested, I have seen it in Bunny Zoe's shop. The flowers were cut using my Cricut Expression, and so was the scalloped square behind the stamped image.

Happy Birthday, Peggy!!!! I love you and I hope your day is fabulous!
Thanks for stopping by today to visit, and hope to see you back again soon! I'd love it if you would visit Peggy and take a look at her awesome vintage images. I think you'll like what you see! HUGS!

Popular Posts