Friday, October 16, 2009

Bradley Cooper | Poker

In anticipation of the release of the new comedy movieThe Hangover,” Warner Bros. Pictures hosted a celebrity charity poker tournament at The Poker Room of Caesars Palace last Friday, the stars of the latest Vegas-based comedy, “The Hangover,” will return to the scene of their soon-to-be-released film on Friday for a star-studed cahrity poker tournament.



Another glazed to my eye is the hunk and impressive poker face guy, Bradley Cooper. In the interview of collider.com, Bardley Cooper explains his experiences in the comedy movie of all time:


Bradley Cooper | Poker


Collider's Question: Is this considered a dark comedy?

Bradley Cooper: Yes. There is a lot of darkness in this thing. But we’ve had a blast. No one realizes that we work all the time. I mean, we haven’t had any real time off at all. We’ve been doing a couple of six-day weeks. The great thing about it is that I’ve seen quite a few areas of Vegas that I never would have gotten to see. We shot at the Riviera, and downtown. We shot in the old part of Vegas, which you don’t really see anymore. You are going to see Vegas in the daytime. As far as I know, you don’t really see Vegas in the movies during the daytime. Most of these movie takes place during the day. This takes place during the day after the night.


Bradley Cooper | Poker

Collider's Question: Can you tell us how you got involved? And what appealed to you about the script?

Bradley Cooper: Sure. I got involved early on. I think it was back in November. Todd had the script, and it was sort of banging around. I liked Todd. I certainly was a fan of his. I thought the opportunity to play this guy was something I liked. He is an alpha male. It wasn’t that I necessarily liked the character. I liked the synergy between the three guys. I liked that each one was so specific. And together, if you cast it properly, I thought it could have a lot of energy. I also liked the script itself. I liked the way it moved. It is fast. It is no joke. It’s like getting on a jet plane that just takes off and goes, and it doesn’t slow down until it lands. It’s rare that you get a comedy that has that type of engine. Each scene propels you to the next one. It’s more like Starsky and Hutch than Old School. Even though it’s a comedy, there is a mystery to it. It’s not like Old School, where it was just about the comedy. Here, we have an engine. We have to get this guy back to the wedding. Or else we fail. That engine really drives it. It is so fast.

Bradley Cooper | Poker

Collider's Question: What have you been up to in Vegas?

Bradley Cooper: Just work. We’ve been working this entire time.

Collider's Question:The other guys say they’ve been gambling.

Bradley Cooper: Oh, there has been a little bit of gambling. But like I said, I could get in trouble in this town. I try to stay away from those sorts of things.

Bradley Cooper | Poker

Collider's Question:How did you do in the big poker game?

Bradley Cooper: I did better than I thought I would. I survived through the third table. I am not really a poker player.

Bradley Cooper | Poker

About Bradley Cooper: Bradley Cooper is an accomplished actor on stage, in movies and also on television. Bradley Cooper is one of Hollywood's busiest actors. Bradley Cooper was most recently seen in the comedy "Yes Man," in which he co-starred with Jim Carrey under the direction of Peyton Reed, and in the ensemble romantic comedy "He's Just Not That Into You."


Bradley Cooper | Poker
Following "The Hangover," Bradley Cooper stars in several very different films due out in 2009: "All About Steve," a quirky tale in which Cooper plays the title role as the object of Sandra Bullock's attention; the horror thriller "Case 39," opposite Renée Zellweger; and the biopic "The Prince of Providence," in which he stars with Robin Williams and Oliver Platt.

Bradley Cooper | Poker

Bradley Cooper also appears in the anthology film "New York, I Love You," in a segment directed by Allen Hughes. The American version of "Paris, je t'aime," the film debuted at the 2008 Toronto Film Festival and is set for a 2009 release. Bradley Cooper is rumored to be the nest green lantern.

Born in Philadelphia, Bradley Cooper graduated with honors from the English program at Georgetown University before moving to New York City to obtain his Masters in the Fine Arts program at the Actors Studio Drama School at the New School University.

Source: Collide .com


Popular Posts