Tuesday, March 1, 2011


A few weeks ago Kathy (MFK) and I visited the annual stamp show in Columbia, South Carolina.  We each made a few purchases (okay, I purchased more), enjoyed some technique demonstrations, and wrapped up our day with a lovely late lunch at Zorba's Greek Restaurant in Irmo. 


One of my favorite finds from the show was this fabulous layered vintage lady stamp.  She is sooo pretty.  I am going to confess that I spent forever trying to select exactly which version of her I wanted.  She came as just a face, a face with flourishes, a face with a mardi gras type mask, etc.  Yet I returned time and time again to this version of the lady: her serene face trimmed with vintage looking lace, vintage text, and flourishes. 

The image was stamped in black in onto smooth white cardstock.  I used Copic markers and color enhanced her lips, eyes, skin tone, eye make-up, and blush.  I then cut the image out using Spellbinder's label #16.  I cut a matching red matting using the largest label 16. 



I did not want to clutter the card with too many embellishments, however I realized that the card needed a more than just the matted lady image.  I used a Stampin' Up stamp decorative circle stamp, stamping the image twice.  I used a 1.25 inch circle punch to cut out a top layer of the stamp.  I hand trimmed the bottom layer, cutting around decorative edges.  I used pop dots to raise the center portion of the stamp - and added the sentiment "for you". 

I wrapped a length of 3/4 inch ribbon around the card and tied a four loop bow.  I topped that with a pretty multi-red hued Prima rose. 

I mounted the matted image slight twisted on the card, then attached the tag, and rose.  Tomorrow I will return with version two of this lovely stamp.  In the meantime if you have not already done so, please leave a comment in the previous post (BBTB2 Blog Hop) to be in the drawing for some fabulous blog candy.  I will be drawing a random winner on Thursday.

Popular Posts