Monday, March 21, 2011


Happy Monday!  It is a fun Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday where the featured cut of the week is this fun little wiener (Dachshund) dog from the Paisley cartridge.   Our sweet design team sister, Melissa, chose this cut and I am soooo pleased that she did.  What a great cut! 


I combined my wiener dog with a kitty, Hello Kitty actually, so that it could be “raining cats and dogs”.   I remembered this great April showers Hello Kitty and decided that Kitty would want to share her umbrella with this sweet pup.


The phrase Rain, Rain Go Away is from the Nursery Rhymes cartridge.  The NR cartridge is a truly sweet cartridge and one that I do not use nearly enough.  I used a Copic marker and colored in the raindrops on the words.


I used the shadow cuts on the Dachshund, Hello Kitty, and the Rain phrase, welded together, as the front of the card.  I welded the shadow cuts to a rounded corner rectangle from George and Basic shapes to create the card.   To add a bit of dimension I used pop dots on the dog parts.


If you have not already done so, please do go by the Bitten by the Bug 2 blog and check out the design team projects.  I was completely WOW’ed by some of the DT projects!!!

Popular Posts