Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Friday Eve! I just squeeked in under the wire for this challenge! I actually got it finished last night but didn't get the pics taken. It's hard to fit everything in when you work 10 hours a day, and then come home and still have household chores to do too. Ok, enough complaining. I know I'm blessed to have a job. *smiles* I just HAD to ink up this brand new Tilda from the Fall Collection "A Little Yummy For Your Tummy". She's Kitchen Tilda and is available for preorder right now at Magnolia-licious! Isn't she just too cute??!! Anyway, this is for the current Friday Sketchers challenge.

The card base and matting is Bazzill cardstock, and the DP is from My Minds Eye. Tilda is colored with my Copics. The layers are machine stitched and I added some Kaiser pearls to several of the corners. The top panel is popped up from the rest, and then Tilda is cut out and popped up from that.
Now onto the good stuff. I am sooooo blessed to have met a wonderfully talented woman that I am lucky enough to call my friend. Sandi Kelly and I met a couple years ago because of our mutual love of the Cricut machine. She is so very talented and I have long admired her artistry. Well, she just recently fell in love with the Copic markers, then the airbrush system, and finally our beloved Magnolia stamps! And guess what! I was the VERY lucky recipient of her FIRST Magnolia card! And here it is! As you can see, Sandi loves to combine her Cricut with her Magnolia too! LOL!

I don't have any specifics on the card she made, other than I know that she used Pink Tilda in striped stockings. And I believe the horse is from the Paper Dolls Dress Up Cricut cartridge. I'm not sure about the bucket. But I love all the details on this. And her copic coloring is amazing. She's been a long time user and teacher of alcohol inks, and has created some of the most beautiful projects I've ever seen. So I was really excited when she ordered the Copic markers and airbrush system. Thank you so much Sandi for honoring me with your very first Magnolia card! I truly cherish both it and your friendship. Please be sure and visit Sandi and leave her a little love on her blog.



So that's it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I've been up to. I truly appreciate it, and I hope to see you again soon!! Enjoy your Friday! HUGS!

Popular Posts