Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's Thursday and time for a new challenge from Kerry over at Three Clovers Designs! This week, in honor of our Nation's birthday, Kerry asked us to create using the colors red, white, and blue. I don't send 4th of July cards out, and I completely loathe making something that I know I will never use. So I needed to incorporate this into a card I could use. And lucky enough, my daughter has a birthday in July! Problem solved!
To make it, I knew I was going to have to incorporate one of my Maggies from Magnolia-licious! And I just HAD to use this Shabby Chic Tilda standing with bow. I just think she looks like she's straight from a 4th of July picnic! I colored her with my Copic markers and popped her from the star shaped card base, which is from The Cutting Cafe'. Sooooo easy! I then took one of the circle sentiment downloadable stamps, also from The Cutting Cafe' from a set called Happy Birthday to my Daughter - Son, and inserted my own sentiment in the middle. There are lots of sentiments that come along with the circle stamps, but I wanted something that coordinated with the card shape, so I just made my own. Oh, and the circle sentiment says "Happy Birthday to my Daughter". The "to my" is hidden by Tilda.
So that's it for today! Be sure and hop over to Three Clovers Designs to see what the rest of the fabulously talented team came up with, and then grab your red, white, and blue paper and ink and play along with the rest of us!
Thanks for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! HUGS!

Popular Posts