Thursday, May 6, 2010


I am embarrassed that it is Thursday and I have not posted a single thing all week!  For shame!  I did add a two part cake post to Busy with the Cricky Cake on Tuesday and Wednesday but I have neglected my paper crafting entirely.  That being said, I realized that I never shared my 2010 calendar that I made (in other words, I looked through the "not yet posted projects" and picked one)!!!



I made this 12 x 24 inch wall calendar back in January for a Cricut contest.  Need I add that I did not win?  Well, I did not win the contest prize; I did win by having a lovely, personalized calendar for my kitchen!  Nice, huh?  The calendar was designed in Design Studio using two cartridges, Designer's Calendar and Hello Kitty.  Each month features a cute Hello Kitty scene that for the most part coordinates with the month.  The May calendar (above) features Kitty with flowers, because of "May flowers".


Above you can see the January, February and March pages.  And the April page is below - April Showers.  I liked both the square and circle monthly templates on Designer Calendar, so instead of picking one, I alternated the design.  Also, I made the boxes/cirlces 1.5 inches each so that I could use paper punches to cut the photos I planned to insert into the calendar. 



One of the big advantages of the calendar, other than being stinkin' cute(!) is I was able to use about 80 of the photos I had leftover from scrapping projects (whether due to repeats, or lack of space, or whatever).  We all have a stash of unused photos (don't we?) and this allowed me to use a great many of those.  I placed photos into the empty spaces at the beginning and end of each month, and also used photos to designate birthdays, Mother's Day, Father's Day, anniversaries, etc.  I probably will do another calendar next year so that I can use more of the leftover photos!

Popular Posts