Saturday, May 15, 2010

Welcome to the monthly Magnolia-licious Design Team Blog Hop!! This month it's EXTRA SPECIAL, because this is the kickoff to a big Birthday Bash! Magnolia-licious is turning two! So stay tuned for lots of fun! If you arrived here from the awesomely talented Angie, then you're in the right place. If not, then you'll want to start out at the Magnolia-Licious Highlites blog so you don't miss out on any of the fantastic eye candy all the designers made for your viewing pleasure! Also be sure to check out the Birthday Bash Blog!! I would like to give a HUGE shout out to all the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group Mods that keep our world sane and lots of fun. They work extremely hard and deserve a standing ovation. I tip my glass to you fabulous ladies!! Now....If you've been hopping along, then you know we've all made explosion boxes! This is the first one I've ever done and it was fun! I made mine into a photo explosion box, so there's LOTS of room for embellies and photos inside. I will post the dimensions at the very end for those of you that want to know how I did it. Until then I will be quiet, as there are lots of photos to this one.






Lid to box



exploded box
I guess I'm back to my old ways as none of the three Magnolia stamps I used are in stock right now at Magnolia-licious. If you're interested, please just send Diana an email! So sorry!!!! So now for the fun part, if you would like to win a Magnolia stamp, just leave a comment on this post before midnight Pacific on Friday, May 21st, and I'll announce the winner on Saturday, May 22nd. Now head on over to the fabulously talented Becca to see what she has come up with. I haven't seen it, but I know it will be gorgeous! Becca's post will not go live until 7am EST, so if you're earlier than that, please be sure to check back to her later.
SIZES USED for my box:
cardstock - one piece 12"x12", one piece 10 1/2" x 10 1/2", and one piece 9"x9"
score each piece as follows:
12x12 - score at 4" and 8" so you end up with nine 4" squares
10 1/2x 10 1/2 - score at 3 1/2 and 7 same as above (you want nine 3 1/2" squares)
9 x 9 - score at 3" anc 6" same as above (nine squares at 3")
When this is done, cut out the four corner squares from each size so you have three different sized crosses.
After finishing them with your choice of DP, glue the center square of 10 1/2" to the center square of 12". Then glue the center square of the 9" piece to the center square of the 10 1/2" piece.
For the lid - with a 6 1/4" square of cardstock, score at 1" all the way around. You will have four corners pieces where the score marks overlapped. Make a slit down one side of each of the corner flaps, cutting only until you reach the box top. Fold flaps down crisply using a bone folder, and glue corner flaps securely in place with Scor tape.
Decorate and add pictures!
Please don't hesitate to email me with any questions. Thanks so much for joining us on our blog hop today! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!!

Popular Posts