Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year, and wish you all wonderful blessings for the year 2010! Can you believe it's 2010 already? WOW! Since it's January 1st, it's time for a new challenge from the Magnolia-licious Design Team, and this month, it's my turn to pick the challenge. I chose an awesome card designed by the amazingly talented Claudia Rosa that she created for Papertake Weekly. It's called a frame card and if you love dimension, you are gonna LOVE this card!!!! Click HERE for the tutorial on how to make it.

I used stamps from the new winter club kit. Watch Magnolia-licious as Diana will have them up for preorder as soon as she gets the info from Magnolia. And believe me, you are going to want these stamps!! When you visit Magnolia-licious, be sure and join the Magnolia-licious Yahoo group to get special discounts and goodies. Diana is offering a whopping 10% off the Magnolia stamps for the month of January with a special code you get by joining the Yahoo group!! How cool is that??!!

I used three stamps from the club kit for this one. I used the hanging Tilda, the ribbon she's hanging from, and the heart. I turned the hearts into conversation hearts by printing on them and love how they turned out! They're all colored with Copic markers and cut out. I made my frame pretty deep, a full 1/2". The conversation heart inside the frame on the front is double popped up behind the hanging Tilda. I loved the depth cause it made Tilda really hang in the frame. The DP is Basic Grey and cardstock is Bazzill. I used a Martha Stewart border punch and scored it and glued it with Scor Tape to the inside of the frame. I also used a Martha Stewart heart punch to hide the seams of the punched borders. The flat backed pearls are by Kaiser.
After I colored her, I took my blender and went up the front of her pants from the highlight in her socks. I'm no so sure I like the effect from that. What do you think??
I rearranged the directions a little so I could get that depth. I cut my piece of paper at 5 1/2" x 11 1/2", then scored it at 5 1/2" from each end. So you end up with a 1/2" spine for your card. If you do this, be sure and reinforce your spine with some cardstock so your card is nice and sturdy. You can see how I did mine by looking at the inside of the card.
Please be sure and join us over at Magnolia-licious Highlites to get all the details of the challenge and to join in with the fun! Thank you so much for popping by to see me today, and I hope to see you back again soon! I wish a safe, happy, and healthy New Year to you and yours. And I also wish to thank you for a truly wonderful year! I gain so much inspiration from all of you, and appreciate the fabulous friendships I have forged over the previous years. I am truly blessed. HUGS!!!

Popular Posts