Tuesday, January 26, 2010


This week the Gypsy Spot is getting ready for the Super Bowl.  The challenge of the week is to use the Gypsy (or just the Cricut or the Cricut with Design Studio if do not have a Gypsy) and create a Super Bowl party themed project.  I chose to create a center piece with which to cheer on the New Orleans Saints. 


This is the first time in the history of the team that the Saints have made it to the Super Bowl.  If that wasn't reason enough to cheer on the Saints, my husband and I lived in New Orleans the first year we were married (28 years ago).  And that same year, the Saints drafted a friend from college. 


I used three different cartridges on my Gypsy to create this center piece:  Everyday Paper Dolls, George, and Sweathearts.  This was the first project made with my new blue Expression and I have to say, I was having some difficulty with the mat sliding.  If this continues to be an issue, I may have to switch back to the regular Expression.


Before I close I am going to confess that my husband is from Tennessee and Peyton Manning was quarterback for Tenn prior to being a Colt.  So in our home this Super Bowl is truly a win-win.  We will be happy no matter which team wins.  But let's be honest, the Saints made for a better center piece.  Geaux Saints!!!!

Popular Posts