Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hi everyone! It sure is nice to be crafting again! It's Thursday, which means it's time for a new challenge from Kerry over at Three Clovers Designs. This week, she is doing a techie time challenge. Either use a digital download or create a background using your computer. I usually use the digi stamps from The Cutting Cafe, but I just recently got this adorable stamp, and well, I just HAD to use it! The image came from Digital Pencil Too. It reminded me too much of my grandson saying his goodnight prayers (even if he does have dark hair). So I couldn't resist.

I colored it with my copic markers, and used some of the markers that came in the new set of 12 pastel colors that I got from Magnolia-licious. These colors are so delicious! I also used some of my brand new silk ribbon that I got from Sharon at No Time To Stamp, Stamp Simply ribbon store. I have been looking for a good source for silk ribbon for ages, and I've finally found it. It just lays (lies???) on your card so nice and it's light as a feather. I was also lucky enough to win a wonderful little tool called Bow Easy from Sharon. Now I can't say that I couldn't make a bow before I got this little tool, but I will say that it took me a while with a lot of fidgeting with the ribbon to get it to look just right. Well, with the Bow Easy, it's one..two...three...and you have a FABULOUS looking bow! For all of you that have commented on my bows or asked me how I made them, please do yourself a favor and invest in this awesome little tool.


Ok, that's it for today. Please be sure and pop over to Three Clovers Designs to check out the rest of the fabulous cards the DT created. You're gonna love them! And then grab your digi downloads and play along with us! Thanks for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! Hugs!
This card will be for sale in my etsy shop if you're interested.
Details : Digital stamp - Digital Pencill Too
paper - Basic Grey, PTI, Bazzil
Tools - Nestabilities, MS border punch, sewing machine, Bow Easy
embossing - Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots embossing folder
misc: silk ribbon, button, twine from PTI, pearls by Kaiser

Popular Posts