Friday, May 1, 2009

Just click on the picture of the sketch to see it better. Sorry - it's just my inexperience!

It's the first of May, and that means it's time for a new card sketch from Magnolia-licious! And this month, it was actually MY turn to draw the sketch! YIKES! I've never drawn a sketch before! I wasn't even sure where to begin. Needless to say I felt just a "smidge" intimidated. LOL! I hope you like it, and that you grab your paper and glue along with your Magnolia stamps, and play along with us. If you do, be sure and email a pic of your card to Diana at ladydian@shaw.ca so she can upload it into the May sketch card gallery!


I made this card for our 5 year old grandson, JJ. He and our daughter just moved away from us to Kentucky this past September, and we miss them both very much. As I'm sure any Grandparent would understand. I just could NOT resist using this adorable Shabby Chic Edwin! I also used the stone wall, and the sign post from the Easter collection. I got all of these stamps at Magnolia-licious.

I masked off the stone wall to stamp the sign post, and then masked off both of them to air brush the sky. (I'm so proud of myself for using my airbrush system!! LOL!). Edwin is stamped, colored, cut out, and then placed on foam tape for dimension. Have I ever told you how much I love dimension on my cards?? *smile* I colored everything with my Copic markers. (the colors are shown below)

The DP is by Basic Grey and I MUST, yes MUST go get me more of it. I LOVE it!!! It's sooo bright, colorful, and cheery. The corner arrows were cut out with my Cricut Expression machine and popped up on foam tape as well. I tipped the edges with just a smidge of white acrylic paint for visual interest, and then popped on a few Kaiser pearls for fun.


Oh, forgot to tell you that the arrows were cut from my Graphically Speaking cartridge. That one has a BUNCH of arrows on it. Too cool! For the center strip, I wanted a touch of blue, but it was way too blah looking, so I added some edging by using my Martha Stewart border punch. Ahhh...that was better!

Popped on a button with a little bit of yellow embroidery thread, and this card was done! So tell me....how did I do with my own very first sketch challenge? I'd really love it if you'd play along with us! Thanks for dropping by to see me today, and I sure hope to see you again soon! Have a wonderful Friday evening! HUGS!! Don't forget - you can click on any of my photo's for a very up close look at my work. Just don't complain about all the little mistakes you see when you look that close! LOL! HUGS!


Popular Posts