Saturday, February 6, 2010


My mother-in-law's birthday (84) is three weeks away so I thought it was time to get going on a card for her. She is a diminutive, southern woman who enjoys the beauty of various birds - so of course this called for a Bird-Day card!


As luck would have it I stumbled upon a FREE copy of the Serenade cartridge yesterday! (Let’s all say WOO-HOO for free cartridges)! Okay I didn’t really stumble - - it was sent to me along with a warranty replacement cricut expression from Provo Craft. And what is on the Serenade cartridge??? Bird cages and birds – YES!!


I really like how this card came out. More importantly I think my mother-in-law will really like the card. She is very supportive of my paper crafting, even sharing projects I send to her with her friends. Of course now that I know that I do try to make her projects “share worthy”.


I used not just the Cricut and Serenade on this card, but also the tall nesties – scalloped and plain, the rectangular nesties – scalloped and plain, and part of a stamp set by Darcie’s. I used Stampin’ Up ink, Core'dination carstock, assorted other paper, and pink ribbon from my stash.


Popular Posts