Monday, February 15, 2010

Hi everyone and Happy Monday! Welcome to the Magnolia-licious Blog Hop! If you arrived here from the amazingly talented Kerry, then you're on the right track. If not, then you might want to head to the beginning at the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog. This month, we're making cards that are pop-ups! Fun stuff!!! This was my first ever pop up card, so I was in a little bit of a quandry on how to make one and not have a big open slit on the outside of my card. I finally worked it out where it doesn't look like I've just got a pieced together mess. LOL! I just used an inner piece of cardstock that was lighter weight, turned that into my cut piece for the pop up, and then glued that into the inside of my card base.

On the outside of my card, I used Tilda in Spring Rain and the rock wall, and I can't find it on Diana's site Magnolia-licious right now. So if you're interested in either one, please be sure and contact Diana about it. Diana has TONS of stamps in stock, but for some reason, I seem to have a knack for picking stamps to use that are sold out. I'm so sorry!

I stamped Tilda in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and then masked her off and stamped the rock wall behind her. I then colored them with Copic markers. The large flowers are Prima . I then added a silk bow along with an umbrella charm from Stamp and Create. The sentiment is from a set called Rain, Rain Go Away from The Cutting Cafe'.

Inside I used Tilda as a butterfly (also currently sold out at Magnolia-licious), #463 the rain cloud (only I didn't use it as a rain cloud), #468 Dot Butterflies, and #421 the sun. Tilda as butterfly is the only piece that actually pops up. The sentiment is computer generated and then cut out with Nesties.


Now for the fun part, if you would like to win this card and a few other little goodies, just leave a comment on this post before midnight Pacific time on Friday night, Feb 19th. I will draw a winner via Random.org sometime that weekend. So leave your comment, and then hop on over to see Cheryl. There's not a doubt in my mind that she is going to have an amazing creation to show you! Thanks so much for coming by to see me today and playing in our blog hop! Hope to see you back again soon! Hugs!

Popular Posts