Thursday, February 11, 2010


This is my first attempt at this type of fun fold card.  I have seen this style referred to as a tri-fold card, but I think of it as a quad-fold card.  No matter how you count the folds, and there ARE several folds in going in opposite directions, it is the folds that make this particular card style unique.


As I stated in the title, I used one of my favorite lines of paper to create this anniversary card, Graphic45's Fashionista.  This paper is so fun and I confess that I have treated it like a special treasure and used it sparingly.  I thought the dancing couple worked especially well for an anniversary card.  The front image was from a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock and the back image is a trimmed tag.


I left the center panel nearly empty to allow myself space to pen a greeting inside the card.  I did not want to distract from the frame and image on the back panel.  I used circle punches to cut out the women's faces that were used in the middle of the card.  I also punch matching matting for the faces.


The base card was cut using George, my old "go to" cartridge for shapes.  I used Sentimentals to cut the layered frames used on the front and back panels.  I used Serenade to cut the embellished swirls pieces.  I hope that the anniversary couple likes this card.  It's colors and unique style are what I find most appealing.

Popular Posts