Wednesday, July 20, 2011



 Happy Wednesday from Lake Murray!! We arrived safely yesterday and have been talking, laughing, eating and yes, even scrapping! What more could I possibly want?


I am sharing some photos from dinner on the porch – what an idyllic spot for dinner.  Tuesday dinner was my responsibility – I went for an old favorite teamed with a new soup.  I made my curried chicken salad, severed over organic spring mix.  I also made fresh corn chowder and was surprised to see that we had only one bowl full left over.  It was a huge hit. All of the girlfriends have asked for the recipe so I am sharing it here and they can print when we arrive home.


Corn Chowder:
Remove Corn Kernels from 5-6 Ears of Corn


In 4 tsp. Butter sauté for 10 minutes
1 Large Onion - chopped


Add and stir for a minute:
1 tsp. Sage
2 tsp. Marjoram


Add and cook over low heat 2-3 minutes stirring frequently:
1/2 Cup Flour


Add slowly while whisking and cook until thickened:
5 Cups Vegetable Stock


Add and simmer 20 minutes:
1 Russet or Several Smaller Potatoes
1 Green pepper - finely chopped
1 Red Pepper - finely chopped
The Corn Kernels


Add and stir for a few minutes:
1 Cup Cream or a Can of Coconut Milk
1/3 lb. Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese




I did manage to get some scrapping done – but I forgot reset my camera to micro mode so this photo is grainy and glare-ish.  Sorry.  I used Tammy Potter’s Photo Mosaic technique to create four 12 x 12 layouts of our trip to the spring Steeplechase.  I used the new Creative Memories Traveler cartridge to cut the font.  I love the classic style of this font – very clean looking.


Our Wednesday plans include a trip to Michaels and A.C. Moore (with coupons) and lunch at McAlister’s Deli (because I drove and that’s were I want to eat!). 

Popular Posts