Tuesday, July 19, 2011


Hi everyone! Hope you're having a wonderful start to your week! We went to see Harry Potter yesterday and it was awesome! I went with my oldest daughter and son (we're all Harry Potter freaks - LOL!)  It's so sad though, knowing that this is the last one.  So anyway, it's time for a new challenge from Dawny at Papertake Weekly, and this week it's "Getting Cute". This challenge is being sponosred by Wendy's Digital Delights.  For my card this week, I totally fell in love with Dawny's card HERE, and CASEd it. Thanks (as always) for the wonderful inspiration, Dawny!


I colored this little cutie hAnglar & stAnglar about a month ago, and have been wanting to use her on a card. Usually I work the other way around, pick the papers and then color the image. It's so much easier that way!  This layout was a Papertake Challenge a couple weeks ago that I missed, and I so love Dawny's sketches! So I simply utitlized it for this weeks challenge. She's colored with Copic markers and then cut out and popped up off the panel. The DP's are from Nitwit Collections matted with Bazzill cardstock. All the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the ribbon is May Arts from Stamp and Create, as is the charm. The sentiment is from Lili of the Valley and cut out with Nestabilities. I machine stitched the panels, and added a couple buttons from my stash. I've had some of you ask questions about my stitching and how I do it. I use a cheap machine I bought from Sears about three or four years ago (It's a Kenmore brand). It only does a couple stitches, but all I wanted was straight and zig zag so the lack of fancy stitches was not important to me. It only cost me about 70 bucks, and it's probably the best 70 bucks I've ever spent. It is constantly used, and the stitches always look fabulous.



So that's it for me today! Please pop over to Papertake Weekly to see all the wonderful inspiration, and then we'd love it if you'd grab your paper and glue and play along with us! Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today, and hope to see you back again soon! Hugs! 

This card is for sale in my Etsy shop if you're interested!

Popular Posts