Wednesday, May 25, 2011


Yes, yes, you read that correctly - this is my first project with my E2!!!  I cut these two cut little dogs using one of the preloaded cartridges - Cricut American Alphabet.  In addition to a classic alphabet, the cartridge has other cute cuts.  Truly I had no idea what I was going to do with the pooches when I cut them, I was simply looking for a simple layered cut to test drive the machine.



I thought the dog was cut, but having no real plan I decided to cut it in two different sizes.  After assembling the layers and sitting the dogs side by side I thought they looked like a dad and his son, hence the father's day card idea. 


I used a Stampin' Up stamp for the sentiment.  I stamped the image on the card front, then I stamped it on a scrap of the same dotted cardstock and layered it over the flat stamp.  I used pop dots for the stamped sentiment as well as the two dogs.


I have a huge learning curve with the E2, but that is simply because I am soooo spoiled with my Cricut Design Studio software.  If the Cricut Craft Room doesn't add E2 and Imagine soon I may be forced to learn to really use my Gypsy.  Okay, I actually know how to use my gypsy, I simply prefer DS. 

Before I close, I do have a word or two to share about the E2.  I love the smooth sound and even cuts.  I love the guides for loading the mat!  I like so many of the features, I have a feeling that my Expression 2 and I are just starting a long, long love affair!!!!

Popular Posts