Wednesday, May 4, 2011


I have had the new Damask Decor cartridge for several weeks now, but with all that has been going on at Provo Craft (5th Birthday Celebration, release of the E2, etc) there has not been an update for Cricut Design Studio or for the Cricut Craft Room that include this wonderful new cartridge.  After looking at the cartridge for weeks now, I decided that it was time to crack open the case and play!


I have always loved Damask fabrics and papers, so this cartridge was a given for me as soon as I first spotted it.  I decided to start with something simple so as to not overwhelm my softwareless-self.  And I will admit, I did miss the design software. 


I chose this fabulous shape from the cartridge book and decided to create two versions of this same shape.  Using hot pink, black and white cardstock I cut the shapes above and layered them together.  I cut the black decorative piece for the center, but used leftovers for card two to create the white with black print piece and green with black print piece (a green Copic also played a role here).



For card two I used black cardstock and white paper with black handwriting.  I also the same hot pink from card one and a real piece of green cardstock to create the center cuts.  In the end, I think I like card two best, but it really is tough to pick one.


I created two base cards, also cut from Damask Decor, in medium pink cardstock with a muted print top.  I finished the cards with black ribbon and brads.  I think these two will make nice "all-purpose" cards.  I could ask a nice note or stamp a sweet sentiment inside. 

I cannot wait for the DS or CCR updates to include the latest cartridges.  I have an idea for a layout using Damask Decor, but it will require software manipulation.

Thanks for stopping by today.  With any luck I will be back tomorrow with another new project.  In the mean time, I am working on theme week posts for next week!

Popular Posts