Thursday, February 3, 2011


Happy Thursday!  Let's get to the "good stuff" right up front today - the winner of the Custom Crops sponsored blog candy.  The winner is lucky comment number 49, who is:

~JulieH~  who said...
"Wow Susan what a fabulous design! Love this card and the birds heart 
done in pink looks just gorgeous.Love all the extra details too"

Congratulations Julie!  You will be hearing from CC soon!

Now on to today's card.  This was the card I entered to round two of the Spellbinders design team tryouts.  It is the card that let me down.... :-(


This card was created using Spellbinders label 14 on folded cardstock, with the edge of the die placed just above the fold so as to not cut that end of the card.  I then cut a single layer of label 14, folded it in half and affixed it to the top back of the base card.  This created the top flap and the fold out portion.

To create the layered flap I cut the same die two more times, once in gray print and once in smooth cream cardstock which had been stamped with a GinaK stamp.   Using scissors I cut the two additional cuts in half and layered them under the front flap.


I cut the front message area with circle and scalloped circle nesties.  The closure flourish was cut from a Christmas set of Spellbinder dies. 


I decided that the top flap needed a little more detail so I cut a solid pendant shape and then trimmed it in half, affixing half to the front of the top flap.

And that flower??? That was created during flower surgery.  The netting was formerly the outer petals on the flower, but I did not like it with this card.  I took scissors and cut away the netting, reshaped it into a loose loopy bow and topped it with the flower center.

I finished the card by stamping an additional Thank You sentiment inside the card.  I actually was quite pleased with this little cutie!  And I will use my nesties to create shaped cards in the future!

Popular Posts