Monday, February 14, 2011


Happy Valentine's Day!  This week it is my turn to select the weekly "challenge cut" at Bitten by the Bug 2 and in honor of Valentine's Day, I chose the heart border AND a decorative heart from Martha Stewart's Seasonal Art Cake cartridge.  I must tell you, the cake cartridges offer so much more than just cake cuts!  I love paper crafting with this particular MS cake cartridge.


Originally I designed a heart shaped card in design studio using this week's challenge cuts.  However, while looking at the votive candles on my dining table in the wedding vignettes, I decided to return to the Cricut Design Studio drawing board.   
 
I welded four sets of heart borders (the first of the two challenge cuts) together.  I then attached four lacey hearts (the second of the two challenge cuts) to the heart borders.  I completed these welded cuts in a fun, flirty pink cardstock.


I cut the welded shadow border hearts in white cardstock.  And finally I cut four more of the lacey hearts in white, with basic hearts from the Calligraphy cartridge inserted to remove the middle of the hearts.  This created the lacey white accents on the large hearts. 

After attaching all of the pieces together, I added pink accent stones using the I-Rock tool (LOVE my I-Rock).  

The photo below shows more of the details, the the light photographed a bit too yellow. 


If you have not already done so, please do go by BBTB2 and check out the fabulous Valentine's created by my FABULOUS design team sisters!   They are an amazingly talented group of women who manage to "rock it" each week at BBTB2!!!

Popular Posts