Wednesday, December 8, 2010


Tuesday was a cold day here in SC.  Cold as in TRULY cold for us.  It was in the 30s.  Now before all of you readers located in Wisconsin and Michigan and other such chilly states fall over laughing, let me assure you that our windy 30s in the Carolinas IS cold!   I even put on a jacket to walk to my mailbox and I don't really like wearing a jackets!  The good news is I spent a big part of the afternoon in my scrap room playing with new toys.  Not new in the sense that I just got them, but new in the sense that I just opened them.


I ordered and received Spellbinder's Heirloom Ornaments nesties in Oct/Nov and had not made time to get to know them.  Today I opened the nesties and pulled out my Grand Caliber and had fun getting to know the set.  I didn't create anything amazingly wonderful, but I did learn to cut two ornaments at once to create a frame shape. 


In the end I cut three frames in green metallic cardstock, three large red cardstock ornaments, and three little Christmas trees from a Spellbinder's Christmas set.  I assembled the three layers, then scored down the middle of each of the three ornaments.  I applied glue to the back of each of the three ornaments and attached them all together.  This would probably have looked better had I cut four of everything - that will teach me not to use scraps the next time I am playing!


I used a 1/8 inch hole punch and attached green cording to the ornament in order to hang it on our tree. 

I will be back tomorrow with a super quick Christmas card to share.

Popular Posts