Tuesday, December 14, 2010


I spent a big part of the weekend addressing Christmas cards and made the horrifying discovery that I am eleven cards short!  I do have others I could use - just none that I really like.  So, I will be making some last minute cards for a couple of neighbors and for my husband's staff.  Doug likes to give each staff member gift separate from anything the company does for them and he likes to include one of my cards.


The card was whipped together from leftovers, but came out cute.  I cut a white base card and topped it with a leftover piece of red cardstock, ticket punching the corners.  Atop that I place a scrap of fun snowflake paper with rounded corners.  I attached the HO HO HO festive ribbon, but needed to find something for the center.

That is when I remembered the little dollar stamps I had picked up at Michaels.  I stamped the ornaments in Stampin' Up Red Riding Hood Red ink and added touches of color with Copic markers.  I then added touches of Stickles.  I cut out the ornaments with my circle nesties, at which time I also cut a mat using the lacey nesties.  I affixed the layers together and placed them on the card front.  But something still seemed to be missing.



And that was when I recalled one of the treasures I purchased when MFK (My friend Kathy) and I recently went to Michaels.  I found a large package of red glittery holiday phrases - long enough to be a page border or they can be clipped apart and used individually.  I snipped off a single "Happy Holidays" phrase and affixed it to the front of the card.  Did I mention that the words are self-adhesive?  Nice find, huh?

Here is one last look at my neighbor's card.  I will be giving the tin's with my home baked goodies and a card to each neighbor.  I will be back tomorrow with another of the eleven new cards - after I make it of course!!

Popular Posts