Monday, December 6, 2010



Good Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday!  BBTB2's challenge cut of the week was selected by my design team sister Joanna and is the Santa from the Winter Frolic cartridge.  As I am currently planning my baked good gifts for my neighbors, I am also planning packaging for the baked goods.  I am planning to use large crafting paint cans as their size will allow for greater volume. 



The Santa was cut using design studio at 2.5 inches so he would fit nicely on this lacy nestability.  I cut the base Santa in black and the remaining cuts in either red or white cardstock.  I assembled the Santa with glue, using a Copic skin tone marker on Santa's face and cheeks.  I added a gemstone as Santa's cherry nose.  The toy bag and belt buckle were cut in black glittery cardstock.

I cut all five of the lacy edged nesties in pink cardstock.  Santa was attached to the second to the largest nestie. 


The paint can was covered in a blue on blue pattern cardstock purchased from Darcie's.  Using white cardstock scraps and a Spellbinder's large border, I cut the bottom edge border using my Spellbinder's Grand Caliber machine.  The border was then glued to the can.


I found a 1.5 inch diameter snowflake stamp in my stash and decided to add stamped snowflakes to the printed paper.  Snowflakes were also added to some of the pink nestie cuts.

Using a piercing tool and hammer, I pierced the can and attached the large jeweled snowflake brads. The pink nesties were also added around the can.

The top of the can was trimmed in blue, white and silver ribbon, then trimmed out in silver peel offs.  Silver peel offs were also attached to the bottom edge of the can.



Additional ribbons were tied to the handle and for the photograph only I added holographic shred to the can.  In real life the can will be lined with Christmas print food wrap and will contain home baked goodies for my neighbors!

Popular Posts