Monday, April 11, 2011


Happy Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday!  This week's challenge cut was selected by my design team sister, the lovely Krista.  Krista selected any Easter egg cut from the Easter 2010 cartridge - or if you do not have Easter 2010, as some design team members did not, any Easter egg from any cartridge will work.

I have the Easter 2010 cartridge - and I love it.  The eggs on this cartridge are so pretty and there are so many other fun Easter cuts.  I chose the floral cut out egg for my project.

I started by creating a basic egg shaped card, using Design Studio to weld two eggs together.  I then sized the scalloped egg background cut, the floral front cut and decorative inside eggs to fit the base card.


As I assembled the layers of the card, I added green inserts behind the leaves, lavender strips behind the small dots, and purple cardstock behind the large flower cut out.  I added white and brown doodles and pink flowers with pearl centers and green leaves.


Using the same floral egg cut, I created additional pages in the cut file to cut eggs for the Easter egg tree.  I made the eggs double sided since many can be seen from both sides.   I added the Easter 2010 eggs and sparkling eggs both to the tree and placed it in my entry way.


This is a look at the upper tier of the Easter egg tree.  And below is a final look at my BBTB2 Easter egg card.  Be sure to go by Bitten by the Bug 2 and check out the great projects the design team made this week.  Also please do play along on the challenge - you can post your project in the Mr. Linky at BBTB2.

I will be back tomorrow with another new project to share, and later in the week we will begin a new contest!!!

Popular Posts