Monday, September 13, 2010


Happy Monday bloggers!  My first project of the week is the weekly BBTB2 project.  This week's challenge cut was selected by the lovely and amazing Regina Easter!  Regina chose the crayon box on Cricut's Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More cartridge.  For those who may  be interested, the last time I checked TBBM was available at the Cricut rewards site for 800 points.


Obviously I chose to go with a Halloween theme for this challenge.  I was thinking of my favorite little neighborhood gobblins and designed a spooky-fun box to hold full-size Hershey chocolate bars.  As an added bonus the will also hold two of my large cut out sugar cookies! 


I used several additional cartridges to decorate my tick or teat boxes including: Storybook for the the tag, Happy Hauntings for the fence with the creepy bird and the bat, George for the moon shape and background rectangle, and Celebrate with Flourish for the Happy Halloween title cut.  I used fun Halloween papers and I added a square of sticky Velcro to the flap for secure closure.


I embossed the tag and added white pen dots to enhance the edges.  I also added black dashes around the half moon on the flap.  I finished the box off with a bit of black rick-rack along the top edge. 

If you have not already been by the Bitten By the Bug 2 blog today, click on the name and you can view the design team's amazing projects.  I will be back tomorrow with a new Yudu project to share!!



Popular Posts