Tuesday, March 16, 2010


February 2010 was a milestone month in Aiken, South Carolina.  We had snow.  Not just flurries or a dusting, but real accumulative snow!  We had enough snow on which to ride a sled, build a snowman (or five snow people like the kids across the street), and have a great snowball fight.  In the nineteen years that I have lived in Aiken, we had never had snow like this.  There was only one word to describe the experience:  magical!


I created the left page of this layout some time ago using the Gypsy for the Gypsy spot.  I had never created a matching right page.  At the Pre-birthday scrap bash on Saturday I made a matching page and added photos of our home in the snow storm.  At the time I was quite worried about the palm tree (see how sad and cold it looks?) but it weathered the storm nicely.


I love the dancing snow people from the Snow Friends cartridge.  I think they expressed our snow-happy joy quite well. I used Accent Essentials to create the large snowflakes and Winter Woodlands to cut the small snowflakes.  I used my snowflake nesties to create the date tag below. 


The LET IT SNOW phrase was cut from Winter Woodlands using Bazzill bling cardstock.  I added blue gems to the centers of the snowflakes and pearls to the snow people. 


The snowfall was so fun and I know we will be referring to it for years to come, in much the same way that hurricanes are "fondly" recalled.  Each time snow threatens for the next few years we will all recall the snow fall of 2010 and we will wonder aloud about the possibility of receiving that much snow ever again!

Popular Posts