Friday, November 20, 2009


I am dreaming of a white Christmas, with every cupcake that I bite!!!!  It is Crafty Girl Saturday at Christmas with the Cricut and I have been busy in the kitchen AND in the scrap room!!!  Here in South Carolina the only snow we will see at Christmas will be cut with my cricut and wrapped around snowy white frosted cupcakes. 


These cupcake wrappers were so easy to make; I was disappointed that I had never thought of this before.  To create wrapper number one I placed a two inch circle from the From My Kitchen cartridge on the Design Studio mat and added evenly spaced  (1.9 inches wide and 2.3 inches high) snowflakes from the Winter Woodlands cartridge at evenly spaced intervals around the circle. 

To create snowflake number two I placed a two inch circle from the From My Kitchen cartridge and added five evenly spaced snowflakes (1.75 inches wide and 1.5 inches high) from Winter Woodlands.  I cut both of the snowflake cupcake wrappers in Bazzill Bling cardstock.


Assembling the cupcake wrappers is super-easy.  I affixed a tiny glue dot to one side of each snowflake and after folding the snowflakes toward the center, I overlapped the edges to seal. 



To create the embellishing sticks I cut scalloped circles from the FMK cartridge (two per stick).  I embellished the scalloped circles with snowflakes from the WW cartridge and cupcakes from FMK.  I chose chocolate brown cardstock to cut the cupcakes and white cardstock to cut the frosting - this could be especially useful if you are serving several flavors of cupcakes.  The sticks can be personalized to match the cupcake flavors.

I affixed the embellished circles to long plastic party sticks (near the toothpicks at your local store).  I made the ebellishment sticks double sided to ensure that the buffet table looks great from all angles.  Each cupcake was speared with two sticks, a flavor stick and a snowflake stick.


Have you been by Jeannie's blog, A Place For My Cards, yet today?  I can't wait to see Jeannie's Crafy Girl project - she is so amazing. I have to say that sharing our week as Guest Designers has been wonderful.  Jeannie is an amazing artist and a truly kind and caring woman.  I have so enjoyed having her as a team mate.  If you are not already a fan of her blog this would be a great time to sign up!


The cut file for the cupcake wrappers and embellishments has been added to the downloadable cut files section of my blog under the title of Snowflake Cupcake Set.  I hope that you enjoy these easy cupcake wrappers and that they look fabulous on your holiday buffet!

Popular Posts